Saturday, February 09, 2008

Bikes on the Beach


No, it wasn't a biker fest ... it was Phil and I on a GORGEOUS day off.


When we're in LaFeria, we live about 1 hour from South Padre Island. I guess I'd never gone when the weather was perfect, because it didn't seem worth the drive. I mean, I know it's beautiful out there, but the drive is kinda boring, and our yard is so fabulous ... why leave?

Today however, it was 85, with just the slightest onshore breeze. Also, while it is off-season, it was the weekend, so there was some good people-watching to be had, without having to deal with crowds. I don't know if SPI is ever *really* crowded, but we had no problem biking along the firm part of the beach, right at the edge of the receding tide.

We biked for an hour, then ate a nice lunch, then biked for another hour before coming home. It was a great way to spend the day, and we got good exercise out of it as well.

I have a great life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home