Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's all good!



Okay, so I'm light years behind on blogging, but that is because I have the best life imaginable, and my busy season really is ... busy that is.

Weekend #6 of the Texas Renaissance Festival ... up through weekend #5, the festival attendance was up about 34%, and due to changes in our menu line and signage, we're up around 50%.

I can hardly look up this time of year, either because I'm putting out fires and trying to make things work, or because I have to keep going to the bank to make deposits. This year we're making deposits. Renaissance Festivals are mostly a weather gamble, and it's been a warm and dry fall in the Houston area.



I have an incredible crew, that is all about being both efficient AND fun ... I really meant it when I said it was all good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laa said...

Wow! Great photos. How'd you get the one from *above* the balcony? Crazy angle, lady!

love,
Lindaa

9:23 PM  
Blogger Rhonni said...

Bevan put his camera on a 16' 1 x 4 attached to a block and tackle ... he'd swing it in to me, and I'd hit the timer, then he'd swing it out to position it above & in front of the booth.
We'd look at it afterwards in the back of the camera, and then tell the girls to take 1 step forward, or 3 steps to the left, or whatever, until we got something we liked.
Bevan was really great ... the show owner gave all of the food vendors the assignment of making our own individual press-kits, and with Bevan's help we showed up with the flashiest package of all.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home