Monday, July 24, 2006

Grassroots Report

This weekend was interesting and wonderful. I was available for 3 hours, on four consecutive days to teach our “Couples’ Exam Class”. If I were to numerate the amount of people I taught, it would not appear to have been a very successful weekend. However, if I were to instead talk about the depth of gratitude I received; it was a resounding success.
We realized early on that couples did not approach the Healing Arts Tent very often. It was more like people went shopping for an individual experience there. So, we made a flyer, and Luella walked up to couples throughout the festival.
The flyer says “Learn a New Position” on one side; and on the other side it has a list of the 11 things to watch for in a visual exam. She’d spend about 30 seconds to a minute telling them what we were doing, and where. With this we were getting the message out, without people having to commit to a class. They left with information, and at least the concept that the monthly exam could be a joint endeavor. By Sunday we had people coming to the Healing Arts Tent if only to tell me that they were excited about the work we were doing.
Another breakthrough that occurred was that I developed a talk for single people. I can easily tell women how to do this more effective exam, and I just mention the reasons that we like to teach couples. I also taught a couple of men, by showing them the three levels of pressure for the finger-pads, on the backs of their own hands. With some data about which areas need the most attention, a tactile aid of rock salt for what a suspicious lump feels like, and a list of what to look for in a visual exam, these guys were empowered to help keep their partners healthy.
(I must say, they all still want a T-shirt that announces somehow that they know the Brother Lemonade Couples Exam System.)

As for the funny story of the weekend … Steven was doing Reiki (Which is an energy exchange healing system.) on someone, and a woman in white was just outside the tent watching him. She then came in and stood right next to him and kind-of lurked over his shoulder. She whispered to him … “raise your hands ½ centimeter.” He did, although he noticed no change in the process he was involved in. She then whispered one of two things; Steven is uncertain. She either said “Your Spirit Guide is and Indian.” OR “Your Spirit Guide is an Idiot.”
She came by a few more times over the weekend, but had no more messages to deliver.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindaa said...

I got a chuckle out of the Spirit Guide comment. It reminded me of a night at the Pennsylvania Faire when Ric sat straight up in bed - still totally asleep - and shouted "Idiots! I work with Idiots!" then lay back down and continued sleeping. He had no idea he had done it till I told him the next morning.

Lindaa

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home