Thursday, July 13, 2006

today's update

I have been working on a lot of things for the non-profit Brother Lemonade Breast Cancer Initiative ... Everything from finalizing my 30 minute Couples Exam class to writing web text.

Yesterday I recorded myself giving my lecture/class on a digital recorder. (Yay, I love new tools!) It was the first time I had heard myself giving the class, and the first time I'd run through the class after the most recent batch of tweaks. I'm very pleased with the result. I just burned it onto a CD so I can aim for making the presentation without relying so heavily on notes.

This is important because I'm going to teach the class next week in Trumansburg, at the grassroots Festival of Music and Dance http://www.grassrootsfest.org/trumansburg/
I have been invited to teach the class a couple of times a day in the Healing Arts Tent. This is made a little more interesting by the fact that the Festival has a blanket "NO" to non-profits, as they typically get approached by about 50 that want "table-space" to promote their cause. While I was happy to be allowed to teach the class, as I am convinced it saves lives ... I find it inspiring that they've invited me to volunteer (so that I don't pay for admission) ... at the Healing Arts Table, specifically so that I can inform people about my class. I'm at a table-space with a show that allows no table-space. Very Funny, but also consistent with the kind of magic that follows when I align myself with this project.

I am currently in Tuxedo, NY. where we live for the summer in order to operate our businesses at the New York Renaissance Faire. The Faire is only open on weekends, and we're about an hour outside of NYC. This should allow me to approach some yoga studios in friends' neighborhoods in the city for more class venues (on weekdays). I can crash with my friends before or afterward and get some city-time in.

We're planning a Board of Directors meeting in late August in NYC, which will be a lovely opportunity to see friends I haven't seen in awhile.

As for the webtext, I'm mostly done. I subbed out some of the work to Sis, so between the two of us we're making good headway. If I'm fortunate (and I AM a fortunate person), I will get some photos for the website while at Grassroots.

You can be certain I'll post a link when it's online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home